Our ultimate guide to planning a perfect Valentine’s day in D.C.
As D.C.-based wedding planners, two of our favorite things are immersive, fabulous experiences and our city. We’re covering all bases here from where to shop for gifts to local weekend escapes. Planning the perfect date can be daunting, we hope this Valentine’s day guide for D.C. couples makes it a bit easier! Scroll on for the best ways to celebrate your love this Valentine’s Day.
Where to make reservations:
- L’Avant-Garde – They call themselves an “ode to Paris in D.C.” and what sounds more romantic than a sultry brasserie?
- Ciel Chalet – Enjoy a cocktail and bites at Ciel Social Club’s rooftop bar that’s transformed into a Scandinavian-style cottage with major hygge vibes for the winter months.
- Maiz64 – Head to Maiz64 on 14th st. for a modern take on authentic Mexican cuisine.
- The Dabney – Enjoy the 6-course tasting menu at this Michelin-star restaurant that specializes in Mid-Atlantic cuisine.
Things to do:
- See a Candlelight Concert. Celebrate Valentine’s a few days early with a special Valentine’s Day Special ft. “Romeo and Juliet” Candlelight concert on Feb. 9th
- Unwind at a Spa -Relax and unwind at one of D.C.’s Spas. Soak in the pools at Balian Springs, or book the couple’s massage at Unwind Wellness.
- Indoor Mini Golf – Looking for food, drinks, and entertainment in one? Look no further than Swingers Club an indoor mini golf course that brings you cocktails on the course and offers a variety of tasty food options.
- Play Ping Pong – Get competitive at D.C.’s ping pong bar, SPIN. They also have a wide menu of drinks and food that will fuel you to pong the night away.
- Go to a Game Bar – For our fun-loving, competitive couples check out THRōW Social a tropical-themed bar with ‘backyard-style’ games and food, or Players Club a vintage-style game bar on 14th st.
Where to shop for gifts:
- Salt & Sundry or Olive & Loom – For the interior design lover. Shop for ceramics, candles, gourmet pantry items, and more at either of these cute, D.C.-based home goods boutiques!
- She Loves Me – For the flower lover. Pick your partner up flowers or sign up for one of their flower arranging classes! Their store also has curated decor items but if you can’t make it in person, don’t worry you can order flowers online!
- Kramers – For the book lover. Pick out a book (or a cookbook if that’s your partner’s thing!) or take them here for a coffee, a bite to eat at Afterwords Cafe, and a book on you!
- Baked & Wired or Rose Ave Bakery – For the sweets lover. Win brownie points when you treat them to a delicious treat from one of these wonderful, local bakeries.
Where to escape:
- Escape to Virginia – Escape from D.C. to one of Virginia’s quaint BnBs. Enjoy a luxurious stay and fine dining experience in horse country at the Goodstone Inn in Middleburg. Or, venture further into Virginia to The Clifton Inn, a darling boutique hotel set on 100 acres of countryside near Charlottesville.
Book a Staycation – Looking for a romantic night away from home minus the travel? Book a staycation at one of D.C.’s many luxury hotels. We recommend The Riggs, The Line Hotel, The Darcy, The Watergate, and The Thompson.
We hope our Valentine’s day guide for D.C. couples has helped you plan your next date night! For more guides and for wedding planning tips check out our blog!