Trust us, engagement photos are a must for more reasons than you think!
As wedding planners, we ALWAYS encourage our couples to do an engagement photo session with their wedding photographer! Engagement photos not only memorialize the special, thrilling time you get to be fiancé/fiancée, they also help improve your wedding day experience and wedding photos!
See our top 5 reasons to take engagement photos below.
- Get comfortable in front of the camera. Being in front of the camera can be nerve-wracking! A good photographer will guide you through the process but engagement photos are an excellent way to get used to having your pictures taken professionally. Moreover, the shoot allows you to get used to poses that may not feel natural (but will look great)!
- Know what you like in your photos. Engagement photos allow you to see professional images of yourself and decide what angles, poses, and style you are drawn to. Maybe you will decide a more serious look doesn’t work for you. Use the engagement session as a time to experiment in front of the camera and have fun with your partner.
- Get to know your photographer. We recommend booking your prospective wedding photographer for your engagement shoot. Your photographer will be with you for 8-10 hours on your wedding day from getting ready to the ceremony and reception. Use your engagement shoot as a time to get to know one another better beforehand.
- Having images to use for your wedding website and invitations. Your engagement images will be a beautiful touch to your wedding save-the-dates, invitations, and/or your wedding website.
- Document this exciting time in your life! Most couples are engaged for 12-18 months, which is a pretty short amount of time. Engagement photos are a fun and intimate way to celebrate this unique time. Soak it in because it goes by quickly!
An engagement photo session not only captures a monumental time in your relationship, it also helps improve your wedding day experience. Remember to keep your engagement photos true to your personality and have fun with them.
For Engagement shoot inspiration check out our Pinterest board.