Your wedding is just around the corner and it’s time to nail down those last details. Don’t miss anything during your final walk-through!
About 6-8 weeks before your wedding, you’ll want to hold a final walk-through at your reception venue. A final walk-through is a meeting with at least you, your catering manager, the venue manager, and your wedding planner. Sometimes your florist will attend, as well, depending on your floral design. The goal is to work through all of those final details, big and small, of your wedding day. We talk through your timeline, we walk through the venue and review the draft room layout, we talk about where you’d like your decor, and more!
- Know your priorities. Take a moment to think through your top priorities for your wedding. How do you want to feel on your wedding day? Some of our couples have said they want to feel relaxed and excited to celebrate with their friends and family. Some have said they want to feel beautiful and on top of the world! Keeping your priorities top of mind will help you prepare to make the best decisions for you during your final walk-through.
- Start an inventory list. Open up those boxes of wedding decor items you’ve purchased over your engagement and make a list of where they’re supposed to go on your wedding day, and how they are getting to your venue, and how they are going home at the end of the night.
- Go in with a (flexible) plan. Imagine you’re walking through your ceremony and reception space and think through where you’d like decor and signage to go. However, keep it flexible because you may change your mind once you’re walking through your wedding venue. This step is especially helpful for couples who do not have a full-service wedding planner on their vendor team!
- Be ready to answer a bunch of questions. We want every detail, and I mean Every. Detail. to be just as you want it on your wedding day. Typically, this results in a ton of questions for you during your final walk-through. And, it’s okay if you don’t have an answer for every question! Which leads to our last tip…
- Lean on your team of wedding professionals. We are here to guide and support you! We’ll help you build your wedding timeline and your floor plans, and we are there to work through any sticky logistics.
The final walk-through is a vital part of planning your wedding. It’ll help ensure all of the details of your wedding day are attended to. Lastly, remember, keep your priorities top of mind and rely on your vendor team if you hit a bump in the road. We’re always happy to help!